Assemble A Units
When joining pieces, be sure to align marked matching points. To do this, push a pin through center of dots on layered pieces.
1. Layer an assorted light print B piece atop an assorted dark print A piece; match center dots on curved edges (Diagram 1).
2. Using slender pins and picking up only a few threads at a time, pin at center, ends, and remaining dots, then generously in between (Diagram 2).
3. Join pieces, removing each pin just before your needle reaches it. Press seam toward A piece (Diagram 3).
4. Repeat steps 1–3 to add a second assorted dark print A piece to opposite edge of B piece to make a Unit A (Diagram 4). Press as before. Unit A should be 8-1/2" square including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 1–4 to make eight A Units total.