Assemble Half Blocks
1. Gather two assorted blue batik medium triangles and two assorted blue batik extra-small triangles; six matching triangle-squares; and two small triangles and one large triangle that match the bright batik used in the triangle-squares.
2. Referring to Assemble Blocks, steps 2 and 3, use triangle-squares and assorted blue batik medium triangles to make an A segment and a B segment.
3. Referring to Assemble Blocks, Step 4, use a bright batik small triangle and an A segment to make an A unit.
4. Join a bright batik small triangle to left-hand edge of a B segment to make Unit C (Diagram 7). Press seam toward small triangle.
5. Referring to Diagram 8, sew Unit A to one short edge of the bright batik large triangle. Join Unit C to remaining short edge. Press seams toward bright batik large triangle. Add assorted blue batik extra-small triangles to corners to make a half block. Press seams toward extra-small triangles. The half block should be 14-1⁄2×6-1⁄8" including seam allowances.
6. Repeat steps 1–5 to make a second half block.