1. Gather four assorted blue batik medium triangles; two assorted blue batik small triangles; 12 matching triangle-squares; and four small triangles and one 8-1⁄2" square that match the bright batik used in the triangle-squares.
2. Sew together three triangle-squares in a row (Diagram 2; note orientation of triangle-squares). Press seams open. Join an assorted blue batik medium triangle to top edge of row to make segment A. Press seam toward medium triangle. Repeat to make a second segment A.
3. Reversing orientation of triangle-squares, repeat Step 2 to make two B segments (Diagram 3).
4. Referring to Diagram 4, sew an assorted bright batik small triangle to right-hand edge of an A segment to make Unit A. Press seam toward small triangle. Repeat to make a second Unit A.
5. Referring to Diagram 5, join an assorted bright batik small triangle to left-hand edge of a B segment. Add an assorted blue batik small triangle to right-hand edge to make Unit B. Press seams toward small triangles. Repeat to make a second Unit B.
6 . Join A units to opposite edges of the bright batik 8-1⁄2" square (Diagram 6). Add B units to remaining edges to make a block. Press seams toward square. The block should be 14-1⁄2×11-3⁄4" including seam allowances.
7. Repeat steps 1–6 to make 11 blocks total.