Appliqué Quilt Center
1. Referring to Appliqué Placement Diagram, position solid brown 3/8"-wide stems on quilt center; layer center stem end over outside stem ends in the center of each Flying Geese unit. Fuse in place following manufacturer’s instructions. Using a short, narrow zigzag stitch and matching thread, stitch along long edges of each stem.
2. Position an assorted print circle on each stem, overlapping stem about 1/4"; fuse and stitch in place as before.
3. Overlap two 1-1/2"-long rickrack pieces in an X in the center of each assorted print circle. Tack the center of each X in place.
4. Tack a brown, blue, or tan button in center of rickrack X.
5. Cut and piece blue-and-brown plaid 4-1/2x42" strips to make:
- 2—4-1/2x57" border strips
- 2—4-1/2x16" border strips
6. Sew short blue-and-brown plaid border strips to short edges of quilt center. Add long blue-and-brown plaid border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward border.