Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out blocks and dark brown print sashing rectangles and sashing strips in five vertical rows.
2. Sew together pieces in each block row. Press seams toward sashing rectangles. Join block rows and sashing strips to make quilt center. Press seams toward sashing strips. The quilt center should be 17" square including seam allowances.
3. Sew short dark brown print border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long dark brown print border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward border.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Ann machine-stitched in the ditch between rows and then stitched diagonally through the Four-Patch units, continuing the stitching into the border.
3. Bind with dark brown-and-white print binding strips using the single-fold method. (Do not fold binding strip in half lengthwise. Fold raw edge under 1⁄4" before hand-stitching binding in place.)