1. Sew together two matching cream print 1-1⁄4" squares and two matching brown print 1-1⁄4" squares in pairs (Diagram 1). Press seams in opposite directions. Join pairs to make a cream-and-brown Four-Patch unit. Press seam in one direction. The Four-Patch unit should be 2" square including seam allowances.
2. Repeat Step 1 to make 13 cream-and-brown Four-Patch units total.
3. Using assorted cream prints and assorted pink prints, repeat Step 1 to make eight cream-and-pink Four-Patch units.
4. Using assorted brown prints and assorted pink prints, repeat Step 1 to make 24 brown-and-pink Four-Patch units.
5. Referring to Diagram 2, sew together five Four-Patch units and four solid Cheddar 2" squares in three rows. Press seams toward solid Cheddar squares. Join rows to make a Nine-Patch block; press seams toward center row. The block should be 5" square including seam allowances.
6. Repeat Step 5 to make nine Nine-Patch blocks total.