Assemble Quilt Top
1. Cut and piece gold paisley 1-1⁄4x42" strips to make:
2— 1-1⁄4x43-3⁄4" inner border strips
2— 1-1⁄4x42-1⁄4" inner border strips
1— 1-1⁄4x42-1⁄4" sashing strip
2— 1-1⁄4x21" sashing strips
2. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram for color placement, lay out Aster blocks and sashing strips in three horizontal rows.
3. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward sashing strips. Join rows to make quilt center; press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 42-1⁄4" square including seam allowances.
4. Sew 1-1⁄4x42-1⁄4" inner border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add 1-1⁄4x43-3⁄4" inner border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward inner border.
5. Cut and piece black-and-blue floral 2-1⁄2x42" strips to make:
4— 2-1⁄2x43-3⁄4" outer border strips
6. Sew black-and-blue floral outer border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Press seams toward outer border.
7. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew turquoise paisley 2-1⁄2" squares to remaining black-and-blue floral 2-1⁄2x43-3⁄4" outer border strips to make two pieced outer border strips. Press seams open. Each pieced border strip should be 2-1⁄2x47-3⁄4" including seam allowances.
8. Add pieced outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press seams toward outer border