Assemble Tree Blocks
1. Using a pencil, mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each gold print 2-1/2" square.
2. Referring to Diagram 1, align a marked gold print square with one end of a green print 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangle. Stitch on marked line. Trim seam allowance to 1/4". Press attached triangle open, pressing seam toward green print.
3. In the same manner, align a second marked gold print square with remaining end of Step 2 green print rectangle. Stitch, trim, and press as before to make a Flying Geese unit (Diagram 1). The Flying Geese unit should be 4-1/2x2-1/2" including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make seven Flying Geese units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 2, join two gold print 2x2-1/2" rectangles and a brown tone-on-tone 1-1/2x2-1/2" rectangle to make a short stem unit. Press seams toward brown tone-on-tone. The short stem unit should be 4-1/2x2-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make two short stem units total.
6. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together a gold print 2-1/2x4-1/2" rectangle, three Flying Geese units, and a short stem unit to make a tree block A. Press all seams open. Tree block A should be 4-1/2x10-1/2" including seam allowances.
7. Referring to Diagram 4, sew together remaining Flying Geese units and a short stem unit to make tree block B. Press all seams open. Tree block B should be 4-1/2x10-1/2" including seam allowances.