Assemble Star Blocks
1. Sew together a mottled purple medium triangle and a white tone-on-tone medium triangle to make a triangle-square (Diagram 1). Press seam toward mottled purple triangle. The triangle-square should be 2-1/2" square including seam allowances.
2. Repeat Step 1 to make four matching triangle-squares total.
3. Referring to Diagram 2, sew together a white tone-on-tone B triangle, lime green print A triangle, and white tone-on-tone B reversed triangle to make a star point unit. Press seams toward B triangles. The star point unit should be 2-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat Step 3 to make four matching star point units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together triangle-squares, star point units, and a mottled purple 2-1/2" square in rows. Press seams away from star point units. Join rows to make a purple star block. Press seams in one direction. The star block should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances.
6. Repeat steps 1–5 to make a second purple star block.
7. Using mottled red medium triangles and 2-1/2" squares, repeat steps 1–5 to make two red star blocks.
8. Using mottled orange medium triangles and 2-1/2" squares, repeat steps 1–5 to make one orange star block.