1. Use a pencil or white dressmaker’s pencil to draw a diagonal line on wrong side of aqua tone-on-tone 1-7⁄8" squares.
2. Layer a marked aqua tone-on-tone square atop a green batik 1-7⁄8" square. Sew pair together with two seams, stitching 1⁄4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1). Cut apart on drawn line to make two triangle units. Press triangle units open, pressing seams away from aqua triangles, to make two green triangle-squares. Each should be 1-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
3. Repeat Step 2 with marked aqua tone-on-tone 1-7⁄8" squares and remaining green batik 1-7⁄8" squares to make 56 total green triangle-squares.
4. Using lime green batik instead of green batik, repeat Step 2 to make 56 lime green triangle-squares.
5. Using orange-and-pink batik instead of green batik, repeat Step 2 to make 56 orange-and-pink triangle-squares.
6. Using fuchsia-and-orange print instead of green batik, repeat Step 2 to make 56 fuchsia-and-orange triangle-squares.