Assemble and Add Borders
1. Use a pencil to draw a diagonal line on wrong side of white floral 3-3⁄8" squares.
2. Layer a marked white floral square atop blue-and-yellow print 3-3⁄8" square. Referring to Triangle-Square Diagram, sew together with two seams, stitching 1⁄4" on each side of drawn line. Cut the pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units. Press open each triangle unit, pressing seam away from white floral, to make two triangle-squares. Each triangle-square should be 3" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 24 triangle-squares total.
3. Sew together six triangle-squares to make a short inner border strip (Quilt Assembly Diagram). Press seams in one direction. The short inner border strip should be 3×15-1⁄2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make four short inner border strips total.
4. Sew two short inner border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Press seams toward quilt center. Add a white print 3" square to each end of remaining short inner border strips to make two long inner border strips. Join long inner border strips to remaining edges of quilt center. Press seams toward quilt center.
5. Sew large multicolor floral 8-1⁄2×20-1⁄2" outer border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add large multicolor floral 8-1⁄2×36-1⁄2" outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top.