1. Place a red stripe B piece on a curved edge of a navy blue block center, matching center marks (Diagram 3). Place a slender pin at center dots and at each end of the sewing line. Then pin edges in between, picking up only a few threads at a time and easing the fabric, until pieces fit together smoothly (Diagram 4).
2. Sew together, removing each pin just before your needle comes to it; begin and end at 1/4" seam allowance dots. Press seam toward B piece; if necessary, steam-press or clip seam allowances to reduce bulk.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to add red stripe B pieces to remaining curved edges of navy blue block center to make a red stripe Glorified Nine-Patch block (Diagram 5).
4. Repeat steps 1–3 to make four red stripe Glorified Nine-Patch blocks total.
5. Using red print B pieces instead of red stripe, repeat steps 1–3 to make one red print Glorified Nine-Patch block.
6. Using blue print B pieces instead of red stripe, repeat steps 1–3 to make four blue print Glorified Nine-Patch blocks.