Appliqué and Add Outer Border
1. Cut and piece dark brown print 12x42" strips to make:
- 2—12x49" outer border strips
- 2—12x29" outer border strips
2. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out red print circles and remaining green print and dark green print leaf appliqués on outer border strips; make sure pieces are at least 1" away from long edges of border strips. At each end of short outer border strips remove a leaf and a circle appliqué (see pieces outlined in yellow on Quilt Assembly Diagram); you will appliqué these pieces after stitching border strips to quilt center. Fuse remaining pieces in place.
3. Using matching threads, machine-stitch around fused appliqués as before.
4. Centering design, trim short outer border strips to 10-1/2x27-1/2" including seam allowances; trim long outer border strips to 10-1/2x47-1/2" including seam allowances.
5. Sew short outer border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long outer border strips to remaining edges. Press all seams toward outer border.
6. Position and fuse remaining leaf and circle appliqués on outer border; machine-stitch as before to complete quilt top.