1. Referring to Diagram 6, sew together three flower units, one white print 5-1⁄2" square, and two white print 1-1⁄2×4-1⁄2" rectangles in two horizontal rows. Press seams toward white print 1-1⁄2×4-1⁄2" rectangles. Join rows to make block foundation. Press seams toward bottom row. The block foundation should be 9-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four block foundations total.
2. Referring to Diagram 7, position a teal tone-on-tone A stem, teal tone-on-tone B leaf, and teal tone-on-tone B reversed leaf on a block foundation. Fuse in place following manufacturer’s instructions. Using teal thread, machine-blanket-stitch around each piece. Repeat to appliqué four block foundations total.
3. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each dark blue print 3" square.
4. Align a marked dark blue print square with appliquéd corner of a block foundation (Diagram 8). Sew on marked line. Trim seam allowance to 1⁄4". Press open attached triangle, pressing seam toward triangle, to make block center. The block center should still be 9-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four block centers total.
5. Sew white print 1-1⁄2×9-1⁄2" rectangles to opposite edges of a block center (Diagram 9). Press seams toward white print rectangles. Add teal dot 1-1⁄2" squares to ends of remaining white print 1-1⁄2×9-1⁄2" rectangles. Press seams toward white print rectangles. Join pieced strips to remaining edges of block center to make a flower block. The block should be 11-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four flower blocks total.