1. Center a pink block center on a long edge of a teal 2-1/2x5" rectangle (Diagram 1). Sew together; press pieces open (Diagram 2).
2. Referring to Diagram 3, position a matching teal 2-1/2x5" rectangle on an adjacent edge of the Step 3 unit. Sew together; press as before (Diagram 4).
3. In the same manner, join remaining matching teal 2-1/2x5" rectangles to remaining edges of block center; press as before (Diagram 5).
4. Place the 6-1/2"-square acrylic ruler over pieced Step 5 unit at any angle (Diagram 6); trim unit to 4-1/2" square to make a teal block.
5. Repeat steps 1–4 to make 18 teal blocks total.
6. Repeat steps 1–4 using pink print 2-1/2x5" rectangles and teal block centers to make 18 pink print blocks.