1. Referring to Diagram 2, lay out one mottled blue-green 2-1⁄2" square, five mottled blue-green and red plaid triangle-squares, two mottled blue-green and green leaf print triangle-squares, and one green leaf print 2-1⁄2" square in three horizontal rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams in directions indicated by arrows. Join rows to make a red plaid basket unit; press seams away from middle row. The unit should be 6-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make eight red plaid basket units total.
2. Using orange plaid instead of red plaid and red leaf print instead of green leaf print, repeat Step 1 to make eight orange plaid basket units total.
3. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together a blue print and green leaf print triangle-square and a blue print and red leaf print triangle-square in a pair. Press seam in one direction. Join a mottled blue-green print 4-1⁄2" square to top edge of pair to make Unit A. Press seam toward square. The unit should be 4-1⁄2×6-1⁄2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make eight total A units.
4. Using same pieces in a different arrangement, repeat Step 3 to make Unit B (Diagram 4). Press seam toward square. Repeat to make eight B units total.
5. Lay out four basket units, two A units, two B units, and one floral 4-1⁄2" square in three horizontal rows (Diagram 5). Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward A and B units. Join rows to make a Basket block. Press seams toward middle row. The block should be 16-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four Basket blocks total.