Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together 36 golden orange Flying Geese units to make an orange Flying Geese row. Press seams away from the top point of each Flying Geese unit. The Flying Geese row should be 21/2x361/2" including seam allowances.
2. Repeat Step 1 to make a second orange Flying Geese row.
3. Using brown Flying Geese units, repeat Step 1 to make a brown Flying Geese row.
4. Join 18 Four-Patch units to make a Four-Patch row. Press seams in one direction. The Four-Patch row should be 2-1/2x36-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second Four-Patch row.
5. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out Flying Geese rows, Four-Patch rows, dark blue print 2x36-1/2" sashing strips, and dark brown print 1x36-1/2" sashing strips. Join rows and strips to make quilt center; press seams toward sashing strips. The quilt center should be 18-1/2x36-1/2" including seam allowances.
6. Sew dark blue print 3x36-1/2" border strips to long edges of quilt center to complete quilt top. Press seams toward border.