Assemble and Add Border
1. Referring to Assemble Double Nine-Patch Block, steps 1-3, use pink tone-on-tone 2x42" strips instead of green tone-on-tone strips to make three A strip sets and two B strip sets. Cut A strip sets into 56 A segments; cut B strip sets into 28 B segments. Sew A and B segments into 28 small Nine-Patch blocks total.
2. Referring to Diagram 8, sew a green tone-on-tone large triangle and a green tone-on-tone small triangle to opposite edges of a small Nine-Patch block. Press seams toward green tone-on-tone triangles. Add a second green tone-on-tone small triangle to adjacent edge of
3. Referring to Diagram 9, sew green tone-on-tone large triangles to opposite edges of a small Nine-Patch block to make unit B. Press seams toward green tone-on-tone triangles. Repeat to make 20 total of unit B.
4. Referring to Diagram 10, lay out two of unit A and four of unit B in a row. Join pieces to make a short border strip. Press seams in one direction. The strip should be 6-7/8x38-5/8" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second short border strip (Quilt Assembly Diagram).
5. Using two of unit A and six of unit B, repeat Step 4 to make a long border strip (Quilt Assembly Diagram). The strip should be 6-7/8x51-3/8" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second long border strip.
6. Sew short border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward border.