1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of yellow tone-on-tone and cream tone-on-tone 2-7⁄8" squares.
2. Layer a marked yellow tone-on-tone square atop a red tone-on-tone 2-7⁄8" square. Sew together with two seams, stitching 1⁄4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1). Cut pair apart on drawn line and press open to make two red-and-yellow triangle-squares. Each triangle-square should measure 2-1⁄2" square including seam allowance. Repeat to make eight red-and-yellow triangle-squares total.
3. Repeat Step 2 with marked cream tone-on-tone 2-7⁄8" squares and brown print 2-7⁄8" squares to make eight brown-and-cream triangle-squares total.
4. Referring to Diagram 2, sew together two red-and-yellow triangle-squares, one orange print 2-1⁄2" square, and one yellow tone-on-tone 2-1⁄2" squares in pairs. Join pairs to make Unit A. The unit should be 4-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four A units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 3, repeat Step 4 with brown-and-cream triangle-squares, cream tone-on-tone 2-1⁄2" squares, and red floral 2-1⁄2" squares to make four B units total.
6. Referring to Diagram 4, sew together a remaining yellow tone-on-tone 2-1⁄2" square and two green tone-on-tone small triangles to make a triangle unit. Repeat to make eight triangle units.
7. Sew together a triangle unit and a multicolor leaf print large triangle to make a Unit C (Diagram 5). The unit should be 4-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make eight C units total.
8. Referring to Diagram 6, repeat steps 6 and 7 using cream tone-on-tone 2-1⁄2" squares, brown tone-on-tone small triangles, and remaining multicolor leaf print large triangles to make a eight of Unit D.
9. Referring to Diagram 7, sew together two yellow print 2-1⁄2" squares and two red print 2-1⁄2" squares in pairs. Join pairs to make Unit E. The unit should be 4-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 12 E units total.
10. Referring to Block Assembly Diagram, lay out one A unit, one B unit, two C units, two D units, and three E units in three rows.
11. Sew together units in rows. Join rows to make a block. The block should be 12-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
12. Repeat steps 10 and 11 to make four blocks total.