Assemble Quilt Top
1. Sew together 27 assorted print 2" squares to make a long sashing strip (Quilt Assembly Diagram). Press seams in one direction. The strip should be 2×41" including seam allowances. Repeat to make three long sashing strips total.
2. In same manner, join 11 assorted print 2" squares to make a short sashing strip. The strip should be 2×17" including seam allowances. Repeat to make six short sashing strips total.
3. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out short sashing strips and blocks in two horizontal rows. Sew together pieces in rows. Press seams away from blocks. Join rows and long sashing strips to make quilt center; press seams away from block rows. The quilt center should be 38×41" including seam allowances.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste. Quilt as desired.
2. Bind with binding strips.