1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each white print 2-7/8" square.
2. Layer a marked white print square atop an assorted pink print 2-7/8" square. Sew together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1). Cut apart on drawn line to make two triangle units. Press each triangle unit open, pressing seams toward pink print, to make two triangle-squares. Each triangle-square should be 2-1/2" square including seam allowances.
3. Repeat Step 2 to make 40 triangle-squares total.
4. Sew together two matching triangle-squares to make a star point unit (Diagram 2). Press seam in one direction. The unit should be 4-1/2x2-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make 20 star point units total.
5. Referring to Diagram 3, sew together two brown paisley 2-1/2" squares and two white print 2-1/2" squares in pairs. Press seams toward brown paisley. Join pairs to make a Four-Patch unit; press seam in one direction. The unit should be 4-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make five Four-Patch units total.
6. Referring to Diagram 4, lay out four white print 2-1/2" squares, four matching star point units, and one Four-Patch unit in three rows. Sew together pieces in each row; press seams away from star point units. Join rows to make a star block. Press seams toward middle row. The block should be 8-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make five star blocks total.