Assemble Block A
1. Referring to Diagram 1, lay out three green tone-on-tone 2" squares, an ecru print No. 1 2" square and 2x3-1/2" rectangle, and a multicolor floral 2" square and 2x3-1/2" rectangle in three rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward green squares.
2. Join rows to make a corner unit. Press seams toward center row. The corner unit should be 5" square including seam allowances.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 20 corner units total.
4. Sew together a multicolor floral 3-1/2" square and gold tone-on-tone 2x3-1/2" rectangle to make an A side unit (Diagram 2). Press seam toward rectangle. The side unit should be 5x3-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make 10 A side units total.
5. Add multicolor floral 3-1/2" squares to short edges of a gold tone-on-tone 3-1/2x6-1/2" rectangle to make an A center unit (Diagram 3). Press seams toward rectangle. The center unit should be 3-1/2x12-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make five A center units total.
6. Referring to Diagram 4 for placement, lay out four corner units, two A side units, and one A center unit in three vertical rows. Sew together pieces in outer rows. Press seams open. Join rows to make Block A; press seams open. Block A should be 12-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make five total of Block A.