1. Referring to Block A Assembly Diagram, lay out designated solid black rectangles and squares in nine rows. Add a purple or pink batik 1-1⁄2 ×5-1⁄2" rectangle to Row 1 and a yellow batik 1-1⁄2×5" rectangle to Row 9. To rows 2–8, add a 1-1⁄2 ×5" rectangle from each assorted batik in rainbow color order as shown.
2. Sew together pieces in each row (Block A Assembly Diagram). Join rows to make a block. The block should be 9-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2, placing assorted batik rectangles in the same order as in the first block, to make six A blocks total.
4. Starting with yellow batik and ending with blue batik, repeat steps 1 and 2 to make five B blocks total (Block B Assembly Diagram).
5. Starting with blue batik and ending with pink batik, repeat steps 1 and 2 to make five C blocks total (Block C Assembly Diagram).