Assemble and Add Borders
1. Sew multicolor stripe 1-1⁄2×23-1⁄2" inner border strips to opposite edges of center block. Add multicolor stripe 1-1⁄2×25-1⁄2" inner border strips to remaining edges to make quilt center. Press all seams toward inner border strips.
2. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, alternate Churn Dash blocks and mottled pink 5-1⁄2" setting squares in rows framing the quilt center.
3. Sew together blocks and setting squares in rows; press seams toward setting squares to make two long and two short middle border units.
4. Sew short middle border units to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long middle border units to remaining edges. Press seams toward inner border. The quilt center now should be 35-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
5. Add multicolor stripe 1-1⁄2×35-1⁄2" outer border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add multicolor stripe 1-1⁄2×37-1⁄2" outer border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press seams toward outer border strips.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Handi Quilter Education Coordinator Vicki Hoth quilted pebbles in the white background of the center block and a grid in the purple background to help the appliqués stand out (Quilting Diagram). In the border, she stitched a digitized design of a feathered wreath in the mottled pink squares and used circle templates to quilt curved lines in the Churn Dash blocks.
3. Bind with blue small polka dot binding strips.