Assemble Churn Dash Blocks
1. Join a solid white 1-1⁄2×42" strip and a mottled pink 1-1⁄2×42" strip to make a strip set. Press seam toward mottled pink. Repeat to make a second strip set. Cut strip sets into forty-eight 1-1⁄2"-wide segments (Diagram 3). Each segment should be 1-1⁄2×2-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
2. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on the wrong side of each solid white 2-7⁄8" square (Diagram 4).
3. Layer a marked solid white square atop a polka dot or print 2-7⁄8" square. Sew together with two seams, stitching 1⁄4" on each side of marked line (Diagram 4). Cut apart on drawn line; press open to make two matching triangle-squares. Each triangle-square should be 2-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat Step 3 to make 48 triangle-squares total (12 sets of four matching triangle-squares).
5. Referring to Diagram 5, sew together a set of triangle-squares, four segments, and one yellow print 1-1⁄2" square in three rows. Press seams toward segments. Join rows to make a Churn Dash block. Press seams toward middle row. The block should be 5-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
6. Repeat Step 5 to make 12 Churn Dash blocks total (six pairs of matching blocks).