Assemble Pickle Dish Blocks
1. With right sides together, place a blue print A piece atop a yellow-and-orange arc unit; align marked dots at center and pin (Diagram 8). Pin pieces together at each end, then smooth blue print A piece along arc unit until edges are aligned. Pin approximately every 1/2", picking up only a few threads at a time (Diagram 9). Sew pieces together, removing each pin just before the needle reaches it. Press seam toward blue print A piece.
2. Referring to Diagram 10, align a red floral B piece with outer curved edge of Step 1 arc unit. Pin and stitch as in Step 1 to make a corner unit (Diagram 11). Press seam toward B piece.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 12 corner units total.
4. Referring to Diagram 12, align a dark blue floral B piece with outer curved edge of an orange-and-green arc unit. Pin and stitch; press seam toward B piece.
5. Sew a mottled dark orange 2-1/2" square to each end of Step 4 unit. Press seams toward squares. Align inner curved edge of Step 4 unit with blue print A edge of a corner unit (Diagram 13). Pin edges and stitch as before to make a Pickle Dish block (Diagram 14). Press seam toward A piece. The block should be 12-1/2" square including seam allowances.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 12 Pickle Dish blocks total.