1. Sew together a cream tone-on-tone 2-1⁄2 ×42" strip and a dark blue floral 2-1⁄2 ×42" strip to make Strip Set A (Diagram 8). Repeat to make a second A strip set. Cut strip sets into thirty-two 2-1⁄2"-wide A segments.
2. Referring to Diagram 9, sew together a light blue floral 2-1⁄2" square, two small triangle-squares, and a cream tone-on-tone 2-1⁄2" square in pairs. Join pairs to make a corner unit. The unit should be 4-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make 16 corner units total.
3. Referring to Diagram 10, sew together a blue Flying Geese unit and a white Flying Geese unit. Sew an A segment to each end of joined units to make a side unit. The unit should be 8-1⁄2 ×4-1⁄2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make 16 side units total.
4. Lay out four corner units, four side units, and one cream floral 8-1⁄2" square in three rows (Diagram 11). Sew together pieces in rows. Join rows to make a block. The block should be 16-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four blocks total.
Assemble Quilt Center
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out blocks in two rows. Sew together blocks in rows. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row.
2. Join rows to make quilt center. Press seams in one direction. The quilt center should be 32-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.