1. Layer a light blue floral 4-1⁄4" square atop a medium blue floral 4-1⁄4" square. Sew together around all edges (Diagram 1). Cut joined squares diagonally twice in an X to make four triangle units.
2. Press triangle units open to make four small triangle-squares (Diagram 2). Each triangle-square should be 2-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 32 small triangle-squares total.
Assemble Flying Geese Units
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each medium blue floral 2-7⁄8" square and dark blue floral 2-7⁄8" square.
2. Referring to Diagram 3, align marked dark blue floral squares with opposite corners of a light blue print 5-1⁄4" square. Sew a scant 1⁄4" on each side of drawn lines. Cut apart on drawn lines to make two triangle units (Diagram 4). Press triangle units open.
3. Referring to Diagram 5, align a marked dark blue floral square with light blue print corner of a triangle unit. Sew a scant 1⁄4" on each side of drawn line; cut apart on drawn line (Diagram 6). Press dark blue floral triangles open to make two blue Flying Geese units. Each unit should be 4-1⁄2 ×2-1⁄2" including seam allowances. Repeat with remaining triangle unit to make two more blue Flying Geese units.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 16 blue Flying Geese units total.
5. Using marked medium blue floral squares and white floral 5-1⁄4" squares, repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 16 white Flying Geese units (Diagram 7).