Assemble Small House Blocks
1. Gather a set of pieces cut from a single floral 5" square (see Cutting Diagram 2), one white floral 1-1⁄2x4" rectangle, and one white floral 1" square.
2. Referring to Diagram 9 and Assemble Large House Blocks, steps 2–4, use Step 1 pieces to make a small house segment. The segment should be 4-1⁄2x5" including seam allowances.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make four small house segments total.
4. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each tan print 21⁄2" square.
5. Referring to Diagram 10 and Assemble Large House Blocks, Step 7, use marked tan print 2-1⁄2" squares and assorted floral 2-1⁄2x4-1⁄2" rectangles to make eight C roof segments. Each segment should be 4-1⁄2x2-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
6. Sew C roof segments to short edges of a small house segment to make a small house unit (Diagram 11). Press seams open. The unit should be 41⁄2×9" including seam allowances. Repeat to make four small house units total.
7. Referring to Diagram 12, cut each small house unit in half crosswise to make eight small house blocks total. Each block should be 4-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.