1. Gather a set of matching tone-on-tone triangles and 4-1/8" squares and a set of eight matching diamond points.
2. Sew together two diamond points, without sewing into 1/4" seam allowance, to make an angled unit. Finger-press seam open. Referring to Diagram 7, set a tone-on-tone triangle into angled unit to make a diamond pair. Begin each seam from the center of the angled unit as the tone-on-tone triangle will extend slightly beyond finished edges of diamond points. Press seams toward diamond points. Repeat to make four diamond pairs total.
3. Referring to Diagram 8, join two diamond pairs without sewing into 1/4" seam allowance. Set a tone-on-tone 4-1/8" square into joined diamond pairs to make a star half. Begin each seam from the center of the joined diamond pairs as the tone-on-tone square will extend slightly beyond finished edges of diamond points. Press seams toward diamond pairs. Repeat to make two star halves total.
4. Sew together two star halves without sewing into 1/4" seam allowance. Press seam open. Set tone-on-tone 4-1/8" squares into open corners (Diagram 9) to make a Blazing Star block. Press seams toward squares. If necessary, trim edges of diamond pairs even with tone-on-tone squares. The block should be 12-3/4" square including seam allowances. The star should "float" slightly within background pieces.
5. Repeat steps 1–4 to make four Blazing Star blocks total.
6. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew matching metallic print 4-1/8 x12-3/4" sashing strips to opposite edges of a Blazing Star block. Add matching metallic print 4-1/8 x20" sashing strips to remaining edges to make a sashed block. Press all seams toward sashing strips. The sashed block should be 20" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four sashed blocks total.