Assemble Diamond Points
1. Sew together a dark print 1-3/4x42" strip and a light print 1-3/4x42" strip, offsetting strips by 1-1/4", to make Strip Set A (Diagram 1). Press seam toward darker print.
2. With a ruler and rotary cutter, trim right-hand edge of strip set at a 45˚ angle (Diagram 2). To easily trim at this angle, align the 45˚ line of an acrylic ruler with top edge of strip set (see blue line in Diagram 2).
3. Rotate strip set 180˚. Cutting parallel to trimmed left-hand edge, cut strip set into eight 1-3/4"-wide A segments (Diagram 3). Check every two or three segments to ensure you’re still cutting at a perfect 45˚ angle. Repeat Step 2 to correct the angle, if needed.
4. Using a light print 1-3/4x42" strip and a medium print 1-3/4x42" strip, repeat Step 1 to make Strip Set B (Diagram 4).
5. Repeats steps 2 and 3 using Strip Set B to make eight 1-3/4"-wide B segments (Diagram 5).
6. Sew together an A and B segment to make a diamond point (Diagram 6). Press seam in one direction. Mark a dot 1/4" in from each corner of the diamond point.
7. Repeat Step 6 to make and mark eight diamond points total.
8. Repeat steps 1–7 to make four sets total of eight matching diamond points.