1. Referring to Diagram 3, lay out seven gold triangle-squares, three medium/dark triangle-squares, and three assorted medium or dark batik small triangles in four rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams in one direction, alternating direction with each row. Join rows to make a basket top. Press seams in one direction. Repeat to make four basket tops total.
2. Sew together a dark brown batik large triangle and a basket top to make a basket unit (Diagram 4). Press seam toward dark brown batik. The basket unit should be 8-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four basket units total.
3. Referring to Diagram 5, sew a dark brown batik small triangle to one end of a gold batik 2-1/2x6-1/2" rectangle to make a basket side. Press seam toward triangle. Repeat with a second dark brown batik small triangle and a second gold batik 2-1/2x6-1/2" rectangle, sewing triangle to opposite end of rectangle, to make a mirror-image basket side (Diagram 5).
4. Join basket sides to adjacent edges of a basket unit (Diagram 6). Press seams toward basket sides. Sew a gold batik medium triangle to bottom edge of basket unit to make a Basket block. Press seam toward gold batik. The block should be 10-1/2" square including seam allowances.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make four Basket blocks total.