1. Referring to Diagram 1, lay out one blue print 7-1/2" square, one purple floral 4-1/2x7-1/2" rectangle, and one wavy stripe 4-1/2x11-1/2" rectangle for one A block.
2. Sew blue print square to long edge of purple floral rectangle to make a unit. Press seam toward purple floral rectangle. Join unit to one long edge of wavy stripe print rectangle to make an A block. Press seam toward rectangle. The block should be 11-1/2" square including seam allowances.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make five A blocks total.
4. Referring to Diagram 2, lay out one red-and-blue floral 7-1/2" square, one red floral 4-1/2x7-1/2" rectangle, and one Asian-style character print 4-1/2x11-1/2" rectangle for one B block.
5. Join pieces as in Step 2. The block should be 11-1/2" square including seam allowances.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make four B blocks total.