1. Fold an appliqué foundation in half horizontally and vertically; press to make placement guidelines, then unfold.
2. Referring to Appliqué Placement Diagram, arrange a C lamp, D finial, E lampshade, and F pull atop appliqué foundation; fuse in place following manufacturer's instructions. Place a stabilizer under the appliqué foundation. Thread your sewing machine needle with monofilament or matching cotton thread, fill the bobbin with cotton thread, and set the machine for a zigzag stitch. Machine-appliqué the edges of each shape.
3. Referring to Pattern E for placement, use two strands of white or dark blue embroidery floss to stem-stitch a straight line from bottom of lampshade to pull. To stem stitch, pull needle up at A, then insert it back into fabric at B, about 1/4" away from A (Stem Stitch Diagram). Holding floss out of the way, bring needle back up at C and pull floss through so it lies flat against fabric. Pull gently with equal tautness after each stitch. Continue in same manner, holding thread out of the way on same side of stitching every time.
4. With the appliqué centered, trim foundation to 11-1/2x14-1/2" including seam allowances to make an appliquéd block.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 to make nine appliquéd blocks total.