Inspired by Close Quarters from designer Wendy Sheppard
Quilt tester: Laura Boehnke
• 9—1⁄4-yard pieces assorted cream prints (blocks, middle border)
• 5—1⁄8-yard pieces assorted blue prints (blocks, middle border)
• 5—1⁄4-yard pieces assorted red prints (blocks, middle border)
• 1-1⁄4 yard cream tone-on-tone (sashing, inner border, outer border)
• 1⁄2 yard blue floral (binding)
• 3-1⁄3 yards backing fabric
• 59" square batting
Finished quilt: 50-1⁄2" square
Finished block: 9" square
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Press seams in directions indicated by arrows on diagrams. If no direction is specified, press seam toward darker fabric.