Inspired by Rainbow Connection from designer Marcia Harmening of Happy Stash Quilts
Quilt tester: Laura Boehnke
• 1⁄2 yard white tone-on-tone (blocks, sashing)
• 4—1⁄4-yard pieces light red-and-white print (blocks)
• 4—1⁄4-yard pieces black-and-white print (blocks)
• 4—1⁄4-yard pieces black tone-on-tone (blocks)
• 4—1⁄4-yard pieces dark red-and-white print (blocks)
• 1⁄4 yard mottled red (sashing, inner border)
• 1⁄8 yard solid black (sashing)
• 1⁄2 yard black stripe (outer border)
• 3⁄8 yard binding fabric
• 11⁄4 yards backing fabric
• 41" square batting
Finished quilt: 33" square
Finished block: 11" square
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Press seams in directions indicated by arrows on diagrams. If no direction is specified, press seam toward darker fabric.