Assemble Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, lay out blocks, black-and-white check sashing squares, solid white sashing rectangles, and black grid print setting triangles in diagonal rows.
2. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward
3. Join rows; press seams in one direction. Add black grid print corner triangles to complete quilt center. Press seams toward corner triangles. The quilt center should be 48-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Cut and piece black dot print 2-1/2x42" strips to make:
• 2—2-1/2x52-1/2" border strips
• 2—2-1/2x48-1/2" border strips
5. Sew short border strips to opposite edges of quilt center. Add long border strips to remaining edges to complete quilt top. Press all seams toward border.