Inspired by Hues of Blue from designer Sherri McConnell
Quilt tester: Jody Sanders
• 5—1⁄4-yard pieces assorted cream prints and batiks (blocks)
• 5—1⁄4-yard pieces assorted blue prints and batiks (blocks)
• 16—precut 5" squares assorted cream prints and batiks (blocks)
• 16—precut 5" squares assorted blue prints and batiks (blocks)
• 1⁄4 yard blue swirl batik (border)
• 3⁄8 yard binding fabric
• 7⁄8 yard backing fabric
• 30" square batting
Finished quilt: 21-1⁄2" square
Finished blocks: 6" square
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width and precut 5" squares.
Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Press seams in directions indicated by arrows on diagrams. If no direction is specified, press seam toward darker fabric.