Assemble and Add Floating Star Border
1. For one olive green floating star block, gather eight olive green print 2" squares, four black tone-on-tone 3" squares, four black tone-on-tone 3x3-1/2" rectangles, and one blown floral 3-1/2" square.
2. Fold each olive green print 2" square in half diagonally with wrong side inside to make folded triangles. Aligning raw edges, place folded triangles in lower corners of a black tone-on-tone 3x3-1/2" rectangle (Diagram 8); baste to make an olive green star point unit. Repeat to make four olive green star point units total.
3. Referring to Diagram 9, lay out star point units and remaining pieces in three rows. Sew together pieces in each row. Press seams toward squares. Join rows to make an olive green floating star block. Press seams in one direction. The block should be 8-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 1–3 to make a second olive green floating star block.
5. Using blue print instead of olive green print and blue floral instead of brown floral, repeat steps 1–4 to make two blue floating star blocks.
7. Using gold print instead of olive green print and olive green floral instead of brown floral, repeat steps 1–4 to make two gold floating star blocks.
8. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together one each of olive green, blue, and gold floating star blocks to make a floating star border strip. Press seams in one direction. The strip should be 24-1/2x8-1/2" including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second floating star border strip.
9. Sew floating star border strips to short edges of quilt center. Press seams toward floating star border.