1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each yellow floral 3-7/8" square and on half of the assorted tone-on-tone 1-3/4" squares.
2. Layer a marked 3-7/8" square atop a red leaf print 3-7/8" square. Sew together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
3. Cut apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 2). Press each triangle unit open, pressing seams toward red leaf print triangles, to make two large triangle-squares (Diagram 3). Each triangle-square should be 3-1/2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with remaining yellow floral and red leaf print 3-7/8" squares to make 10 large triangle-squares total (you will use nine).
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with marked assorted tone-on-tone 1-3/4" squares, pairing different colors, to make 96 small triangle-squares total. Trim each small triangle-square to 1-1/4" square including seam allowances.