Assemble Triangle-Square Blocks
1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each yellow swirl print and yellow leaf print 6-7⁄8" square. (To prevent fabric from stretching as you draw the lines, place 220-grit sandpaper under each square.)
2. Layer a marked yellow swirl print square atop a yellow stripe 6-7⁄8" square; sew together with two seams, stitching 1⁄4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
3. Cut joined squares apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 2). Press each triangle unit open, pressing seam toward yellow stripe, to make two yellow-swirl-and-stripe triangle-square blocks for position H. Each block should be 6-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make four yellow-swirl-and-stripe triangle-square blocks total for position H.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 using remaining marked yellow swirl print squares and blue swirl print 6-7⁄8" squares to make eight yellow-and-blue-swirl triangle-square blocks total for position I.
6. Repeat steps 2 and 3 using marked yellow leaf print squares and blue circle print 6-7⁄8" squares to make four yellow-and-blue-circle triangle-square blocks total for position J.