Finish Table Runner
1. Use solid red binding strip to bind straight edge of table runner. Trim the excess binding even with the watermelon edges.
2. Using diagonal seams, sew together solid white 1"-wide bias strips to make a 50"-long strip.
3. In same manner, join green print 1-1/4"-wide bias strips to make a 50"-long strip.
4. Sew together solid white and green print bias strips along one long edge to make a pieced binding strip. Press seam toward green print strip. Fold under each short end of pieced binding strip 1/2"; press.
5. On back side of table runner, align green edge of pieced binding strip with table runner's curved raw edge. Sew binding to table runner, easing in a little extra fabric around curves. Turn pieced binding to right side of table runner and turn under raw edge 1/4", leaving a small band of solid white showing (Diagram 4). Hand-stitch binding to the front of the quilt.
6. Referring to photograph for placement, hand-sew buttons on table runner.