Assemble and Quilt Table Runner
1. Lay backing fabric A piece on your work surface with right side down. Place batting A piece on top. If desired, use quilt basting spray to secure layers together.
2. With right side up, place a red print 1-1/2-x-42-inch strip across the middle of the layered A pieces; one strip end should extend just beyond top of layered A pieces. Trim excess red print strip just beyond bottom edge (Diagram 1).
3. With right side down, place a second red print 1-1/2-x-42-inch strip atop first strip; trim excess strip as before. Sew together through all layers (Diagram 2). Finger-press top strip open.
4. Continue adding assorted red print strips in both directions until layered A pieces are covered; press.
5. Center the B template on the strip-covered A piece; trace around and cut out to make table runner (Diagram 3).