Assemble and Quilt Table Runner
1. Lay backing fabric A piece on your work surface right side down. Place batting A piece on top. If desired, use quilt basting spray to secure layers together.
2. Fold the layered A pieces in half to find the center point. Finger-press to make a crease or mark with pins.
3. With right side up, place a red print 1-1/2x42" strip aligned with the center of the layered A pieces; one strip end should extend just beyond top and bottom of layered A pieces. If desired, trim excess red print strip just beyond edges (Diagram 1).
4. With right side down, place a second red print 1-1/2x42" strip atop first strip; trim excess strip as before. Sew together through all layers (Diagram 2). Finger-press top strip open.
5. Continue adding assorted red print strips in both directions until layered A pieces are covered; press.
6. Center the Pattern B template on the strip-covered A piece. Pin the template in place, then cut around the template to make table runner (Diagram 3). (See tips for cutting with a template here.)