Inspired by: Treasured Friendship from designer Stephanie Kroeger Sheridan of Stitched Together Studios
Quilt tester: Jan Ragaller
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
- 5⁄8 yard yellow print (fabric A)
- 1—9×21" piece (fat eighth) flip-flop print (fabric B)
- 1—9×21" piece (fat eighth) orange print (fabric C)
- 1—9×21" piece (fat eighth) blue print (fabric D)
- 1—9×21" piece (fat eighth) sunglasses print (fabric E)
- Panel: at least 23×42" (fabric F; see Editor’s Tip, below)
- 3⁄8 yard binding fabric
- 1-1⁄8 yard backing fabric
- 39" square batting
Finished size: 30-1⁄2" square
Cut pieces in the following order.
From fabric A, cut:
- 4—7" squares, cutting each in half diagonally for 8 triangles total
- 9— 6-1⁄2" squares
From each of fabrics B, C, D, and E, cut:
- 2 —7" squares, cutting each in half diagonally for 4 triangles total
From fabric F, cut:
- 4 —6-1⁄2" squares
From binding fabric, cut:
- 4—2-1⁄2×42" binding strips
Panels sizes vary according to the fabric collection and manufacturer. This quilt used a 23× 42" panel, which provided plenty of motifs from which to fussy-cut fabric F squares.