Assemble and Appliqué Quilt Top
1. Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together white print 4-1⁄2 ×6-1⁄2" rectangle and solid yellow 4-1⁄2" square along 4-1⁄2" edges to make a yellow unit. Press seam toward solid yellow. Repeat with white print 4-1⁄4×4-1⁄2" rectangle and red-and-white dot 4-1⁄2×6-3⁄4" rectangle to make a red unit, then with white print 4-1⁄2 ×5" rectangle and blue circle print 4-1⁄2 ×6" rectangle to make a blue unit.
2. Sew gray sketch print 1×10-1⁄2" strips to long edges of each Step 1 unit. Add gray sketch print 1×5-1⁄2" strips to bottom edges to make three glass units total. Press all seams toward gray sketch print strips. Each glass unit should be 5-1⁄2 ×11" including seam allowances.
3. Sew together a blue stripe 1-1⁄2 ×5-1⁄4" strip, a green sketch print 1-1⁄2" square, and a green floral 1-1⁄2×5-1⁄4" strip to make a vertical row. Press seams in one direction. Repeat to make a second vertical row.
4. Join glass units and Step 3 vertical rows. Press seams away from glass units. Add green floral 3-3⁄4 ×17-1⁄2" strip to bottom edge of joined rows.
5. Sew together 4-1⁄4" edges of blue stripe 4-1⁄4 ×5-1⁄4" rectangle, green sketch print 1-1⁄2 ×4-1⁄4" strip, and green floral 4-1⁄4 ×8-1⁄2" rectangle to make a side unit. Press seams toward green sketch print strip. Repeat to make a second side unit.
6. Sew Step 5 side units to Step 4 unit. Press seams away from side units. Sew blue stripe 2-1⁄2 ×25" strip and white floral 7-3⁄4 ×25" rectangle to top edge of quilt to complete quilt top. Press seams toward just-added strips. The quilt top should be 2-31⁄2×25" including seam allowances.
7. Referring to photo, position appliqués on quilt top: one half lime slice, one red floral D strawberry and green sketch print E strawberry top, one half lemon slice, and gray diagonal stripe straws and straw tops. Fuse in place. Using threads that match the appliqués and stitching from bottom layer to top, machine-blanket-stitch or machine-zigzag-stitch appliqués in place to complete quilt top.
1. Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste. Quilt as desired.
2. Bind with binding strips.