1. Use a pencil to mark a diagonal line on wrong side of each assorted dark brown print 3-7/8" square.
2. For one Jacob’s Ladder block, gather a marked dark brown print square, a 3-7/8" square and 2x9" strip from one light or medium print, and an blue print 2x9" strip.
3. Layer marked dark brown or medium print square atop light brown print 3-7/8" square. Sew together with two seams, stitching 1/4" on each side of drawn line (Diagram 1).
4. Cut pair apart on drawn line to make two triangle units (Diagram 1). Open triangle units and press seams toward dark brown print to make two triangle-squares. Each triangle-square should be 3-1/2" square including seam allowances.
5. Sew together light or medium print and blue print 2x9" strips to make a strip set (Diagram 2). Press seam toward light brown print. Cut strip set into four 2"-wide segments.
6. Join two 2"-wide segments to make a large Four-Patch unit (Diagram 3). Press seam open. The unit should be 3-1/2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make a second large Four-Patch unit.
7. Referring to Diagram 4, lay out triangle-squares and large Four-Patch units in pairs. Sew together pieces in each pair; press seams open. Join pairs to make a Jacob’s Ladder block; press seam open. The block should be 6-1/2" square including seam allowances.
8. Repeat steps 2–7 to make 12 Jacob’s Ladder blocks total.