Inspired by: Grate Inspiration from designer Kathy Smith
Quilt tester: Colleen Tauke
Yardages and cutting instructions are based on 42" of usable fabric width.
- 1⁄4 yard each yellow tone-on-tone, gray tone-on-tone, and black tone-on-tone (blocks, appliqués, sashing, border)
- 3⁄8 yard red tone-on-tone (blocks, appliqués)
- 1⁄3 yard binding fabric
- 5⁄8 yards backing fabric
- 20×40" batting
- Cardstock or sturdy paper
- Water-soluble fabric glue stick (optional)
- Lightweight iron-on fusible web
Finished quilt: 11-1⁄2 ×31-3⁄4 "
You will need a paper template for each A diamond, B square, F triangle, G sashing piece, and H sashing piece. Click on "Download this Project" above for patterns. Trace each pattern onto cardstock or sturdy paper the number of times indicated below. Cut out paper templates on traced lines carefully and accurately.
- 48 of Pattern A
- 24 of Pattern B
- 8 of Pattern F
- 8 of Pattern G
- 2 of Pattern H