Appliqué Table Runner Top
1. Referring to photo, position solid black A seeds and gold tone-on-tone B stars on table runner top. Following manufacturer’s directions, fuse in place.
2. Using matching thread, a stabilizer under table runner top, and a short stitch length (8–10 stitches per inch), machine-zigzag-stitch around edge of each appliqué to complete table runner top.
Finish Table Runner
1. Layer table runner top, batting, and backing; baste.
2. Quilt as desired. Designer Avis Shirer machine-stitched in the ditch between each pieced section of the table runner. She used an overall stipple to add texture to the watermelon center and border, and stitched a loop motif on the watermelon rind.
3. Bind with navy blue tone-on-tone binding strips.