Assemble Table Runner Center
1. Referring to Table Runner Assembly Diagram, sew together units A, B, B reversed, C, and C reversed in a horizontal row. Press seams away from units B and B reversed. Sew dark tan print No. 2—1-1⁄2×37-1⁄2" strip to top edge of the joined units. Press seam toward dark tan print strip. Add a Unit G to each side edge of joined units to make upper section. Press seams toward G units.
2. Referring to Table Runner Assembly Diagram, sew together Unit D, Unit E, and light tan print No. 1—1-1⁄2×31-1⁄2" strip in a row. Press seams toward Unit E. Join Unit F to one short edge, and Unit F reversed to remaining short edge of horizontal row to make lower section. Press seams toward F units.
3. Join upper and lower sections to make table runner center. Press seam in one direction. The table runner center should be 45-1⁄2×12-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
1. Cut and piece navy blue tone-on-tone 3-1⁄2×42" strips to make:
• 2—3-1⁄2×45-1⁄2" border strips
• 2—3-1⁄2×18-1⁄2" border strips
2. Sew long border strips to long edges of table runner center. Join short border strips to remaining edges to make table runner top. Press all seams toward border.