Measurements include 1⁄4" seam allowances. Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Press seams in directions indicated by arrows on diagrams. If no direction is specified, press seam toward darker fabric.
1) Sew mustard print 2-1⁄2 × 4-1⁄2" strips to opposite edges of a fuchsia print 4-1⁄2" square (Diagram 1). Add mustard print 2-1⁄2 × 8-1⁄2" strips to remaining edges to make a center unit. The center unit should be 8-1⁄2" square including seam allowances.
2) Repeat Step 1 to make four center units total.
3) Referring to Diagram 2, lay out two pink print small triangles, two cream print large triangles, and one orange print large triangle in a row.
4) Layer the first two large triangles in the row, offsetting them by 3⁄8" (Diagram 3); sew together with a 1⁄4" seam allowance. Add the third large triangle in the same manner (Diagram 4).
5) Referring to Diagram 5, add the small triangles to make an outer row. The outer row should be 2-1⁄2 × 8-1⁄2" including seam allowances.
6) Repeat steps 3–5 to make 16 matching outer rows total.
7) Lay out four mustard print 2-1⁄2" squares, four outer rows, and one center unit in three rows (Diagram 6). Sew together pieces in rows. Join rows to make a block. The block should be 12-1⁄2" square including seam allowances. Repeat to make four blocks total.
Assemble Quilt Center
1) Referring to Quilt Assembly Diagram, sew together blocks in pairs; press seams in opposite directions.
2) Join pairs to make quilt center. Press seam in one direction.
1) Layer quilt top, batting, and backing; baste. Quilt as desired.
2) Bind with binding strips.